Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

'What do I currently need to approve' report

Level 3

Is there a way on a task report that you can apply a filter to say that the current user needs to approve this task or issue? (Only if they are the current required approver, not if they are still waiting for someone else to approve.)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 3

Is there any other similar filter which someone could recommend if the above is not possible please?

Level 7

Hi Steven,

We struggle with this as well, but have ultimately decided to direct people to their Home screen and filter for approvals.

You may be able to do a Work Item report and get both tasks and issues pending approval to show, but I have been unable to figure out the text mode on that.

We do have one group that only uses task approvals and we were able to create a task report with this filter to show only tasks where they are the current approver:

awaitingApprovalStepApproversMM:userID=$$USER.ID

awaitingApprovalStepApproversMM:userID_Mod=in

project:statusEquatesWith=CUR

project:statusEquatesWith_Mod=in

Hope that helps!

Sarah

Employee

Hey guys,

Have you tried an EXISTS filter on a task report by chance? My support team is telling me that this might do what you want it to do.

EXISTS:b:$$OBJCODE=ARVSTS

EXISTS:b:status=AD

EXISTS:b:status_Mod=in

EXISTS:b:stepApprover:userID=$$USER.ID

EXISTS:b:stepApprover:userID_Mod=in

EXISTS:b:taskID=FIELD:ID

Thanks!

Kyna

Employee

Hi Ben,

Have you used Home Work List filter to see approvals? That is by far the easiest way to filter and see approvals (issues as well) that you need to approve. This article might be helpful.

Level 2

Hi Kyna! I was assisted by a member of the Workfront Support Team and we were able to use a Filter in Text Mode on an Issues Report to report on approvals by the current user viewing the report.

Text Mode Filter:

awaitingApprovals:approverID=$$USER.ID

awaitingApprovals:approverID_Mod=in

pendingApproval=true

pendingApproval_Mod=eq

Level 5

@Ben Frey‚

Hmm I wonder if this can be edited based on the team the user is in...

For example, my own department seems to be lax on approvals so I would like to filter an existing outstanding approvals report down to just my own department...

Jumping down that rabbit hole now 😊

Level 2

Let me know how you make out with that, please & thank you! Would this work?

0694X00000CJCUwQAP.png