Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

WF Proof: Auto-adding documents to every proof routing?

Level 10
We have two documents we need to provide with every proof (Workfront Proof): a How-To to remind reviewers how to use the tool, and a checklist of responsibilities that we're required by Regulatory to send along. Is there a way to auto-attach these docs to every proof? Ideally, wouldn't even be mixed-up with the proof, they would just go out with the email notification as attachments. If this is not possible in Workfront Proof, anyone with a similar need want to share their workaround? Kevin Quosig
6 Replies

Level 5
Hi Kevin, I can imagine to handle this with combining documents into one proof here you can find how . Eg.: the first part (file) would be the instructions on how to use, the second the actual proof and the last could be the regulatory thingy. Does this option work for you? Imi ImreMagyar VODAFONE Group

Level 10
Well, this is what we are going to be forced to do, but it makes for a bit of confusion and some extra steps. Our previous system allowed us to send the proof out for review/markup, and other documents as "attachments" but not part of the review. Also automated so every proof had these attachments. Was just hoping there was some other way, or someone else had some different but just as useful process wrapped around a similar idea. Kevin Quosig

Level 5
Hi Kevin, Until such a solution you may also consider setting up a custom message with a copy-pasted txt with references to these docs (linking the text). Just curious: do you usually have different reviewers or they are usually the same population? The types of the proofs (documents) are usually the same? Maybe the checklist should be sent just twice or three times to make them aware? Later that doc. may be just ignored by default? If it's always the same, maybe an FAQ/Help or a specific dashboard could be created to host those docs. ImreMagyar VODAFONE Group

Level 10
Imre, While good ideas... The docs have to be sent proactively and must be sent specifically for each proof. Regulatory requires a date/version be on the checklist, so the current revision of the checklist is very important for audits against compliance. Sure, it stays the same for months at a time, but we need to know with 100% certainty which version of the checklist they had at the time they were reviewing the proof. Since I also manage documentation for the group, Regulatory was very, VERY specific about how I track versions of this checklist. Apparently this is some sort of big deal with either Federal or State agencies in a chain of accountability. So we can't be passive and hope the reviewers pick it up; we must know with certainty they received it as part of our end of due diligence. Kevin Quosig

Level 10
Thanks Kevin, What a delicious challenge. I'm thinking... Regards, Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 5
Hi Kevin, Thanks for the insights, indeed a nice portion of challenge. :-/ How about linking a document version? This way once a document gets a new version, you route the user directly to that version. For audit purposes that's also good as the message... aaah sh...!!! ONLY the custom proof creation message is not captured/recorded right now in the proof messages... well... I had an exchange (case) with Support on this. They recognised that indeed as a gap. So I'd recommend all of you to upvote this ( Proof messages sent upon creation should be recorded ) and once they fix this... you're done! :) Thanks for reminding I forgot to create this Idea earlier as they've suggested about two weeks ago. Cheers, Imi ImreMagyar VODAFONE Group