Expand my Community achievements bar.

Mass Swap Across all Current Projects

Level 2
Hello Workfront Community! Our studio recently hired a new director for our team, and she's officially started her week - however, our old Director's last day is today, and I'm trying to figure out a way to mass-swap the old Director for the new Director on all the tasks she's been tagged on so we can keep the ball rolling. Is there an easy way to do make the swap across all current projects, or will I just have to slug through swapping via the Staffing page for the day? Jordyn Fischer Project Coordinator | Loews Hotels
1 Reply

Level 4
Hi Jordyn, We have to do this a couple times a year when resources change. I have a Task report and in the Filters for the report, use Assignment Users > ID. I run it on the person that needs to be swapped out. Then, looking at the report, I select all tasks, edit, and change the resource. Head's up though, depending on the new resource's communication choices, she may get bombarded with emails saying she's been assigned a task. I recommend sending her an FYI before doing the swap...just in case. I have forgotten in the past and have caused panic in a few users who suddenly receive 50 or emails in one swoop. Thanks, Michelle Michelle Jackson