Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

We have a template we use that when we create a project from that template, and enter dates in the project details screen, all tasks dates change to 2017 or 2018 even though the planned duration is set to about 44 days with roughly 170 planned hours.

Level 2

The task constraints have a variety of set dates, which include as soon as possible, earliest available time, fixed dates, or start no later than. My thought process on this is the task constraint needs to be updated but I have done that and it changed the entire duration from 31 days to over 994 days.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Employee

Hi Courtney,

Were you able to get this figured out? Sometimes there is one date out there on a task or issue and if the task constraints are following that, everything gets bumped out.

To me if the duration changes that dramatically you must also have some predecessors in place and when you update the task constraint it changes the dates out as well. If you make yourself a view where you can see the task duration and the predecessors for each task at the same time, it might make things a little clearer for troubleshooting.

That view is actually my default now when setting up projects because so many things are affected by those fields.

Kyna