Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How do I show a GAUGE report of a portfolio that shows the percent of projects that should be completed today verses the actual completed count?

Level 5

How do I show a GAUGE report of a portfolio that shows the percent of projects that should be completed today verses the actual completed count? And it needs to change each day as more projects are due.

the count of actual completed or canceled projects "by today"

divided by

the count of projected completed projects "by today".

If the two numbers match exactly (100% or 1), I’d like the dial to point straight up at “On target”.

If we are ahead (101+% or >1), it will lean to the right toward “Ahead of Schedule”.

If it’s behind (99-% or <1), it will lean to the left toward “Behind Schedule”.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Employee

For some reason this one made me think about @Linnie Ciepielowski‚ and her reporting prowess... Linnie, do you have any ideas here?

Level 7

This is a great question. There might be a more elegant solution than this, but my inclination would be to start by creating a dashboard with two project reports, one showing projected completion dates and the other showing actual completion dates for all projects in a given portfolio, using the "today" wildcard.

Then you could compare the two manually. I'm not sure if there is a portfolio-level calculated field you could craft to analyze the projects within - I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows how to do this!