Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Was there a 20.2 release feature to make calculated field only have one function across multiple forms?

Level 5

We have many fields that we use the same field across different object types. Like a field called Project Name that the calculation is different if you have different object types. With the new release I now have to create unique field names like Task Project, Issue Project, Document Project, ect. It just makes everything messy. I have some fields I'm trying to correct the functions in and I can't do that without deleting the field off all the forms, fixing it on one form, and then adding it back to the other forms. And even then the calculation doesn't copy in when you pull it from the library. You still have to reenter it. Was this something that happened with the 20.2 release that I missed?

4 Replies

Level 10

Mmm...not to my knowledge Kristy,

As always, I'd expect a single calculated parameter to be able to be used once on a single custom form (e.g. Form A), to be able to (and to have to) enter the formula in design mode on that custom form, but to also be able to (and to have to) enter a different formula for that same calculated parameter in design mode on a different custom form (e.g. Form B).

That said, if you (somehow) then add two or more such custom forms to a single object (e.g. Form A and Form B on Project X) and then try to adjust the formula, Workfront will balk: the same single calculated parameter cannot have two different formulas on a single object (Project X).

Perhaps the latter is what your running into: more "data" and less "20.2".

Regards,

Doug

Exactly, I'm getting a error that says you can't change the formula if the field is used on multiple forms and won't let me save my changes.

Level 10

Yeah, this sounds eerily familiar and data-ish, Kristy.

I have a hunch that my Tunnel Of Death post might be of use, and invite you to give it a go. Good luck!

Regards,

Doug

That's exactly it! I was trying to clean up the forms because the UX is awful in the mobile app. Thanks!