Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Was looking to see if anyone uses a RAID log (Risks, Actions, Issues, Decisions) within the application and if so how they are using it.

Level 3

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Employee

Hi Shawn,

I just took a look and it looks like this thread had a lot of people interested in a RAID log. I'm not sure if any of these guys are still around or if they use a RAID log still, but I'm going to tag them, just in case.

And to all of you I'm tagging, thank you in advance for considering sharing your RAID log experiences!

@Daniel Cooley‚ @Jodi Biscevic‚ @John Kollar‚ @James Keuning‚ @Martin Weston‚ @Justin Fleming‚ @Sarah Lemoncelli‚ @Karen Rutz‚ @Lori George‚ @Nick Vivanco‚ @Kathleen Palumbo‚ @Christopher Voss‚ @Vicki Calabro‚ @Corey Young‚ @Jason Hanson‚ @Victoria Philippsen‚

Kyna

Level 4

Hi @Shawn Flege‚

The main approach I have seen is to use issues to represent RAID items on a project. Each item type would have a queue topic and a related custom form (if needed). Routing rules can be applied as needed to automatically assign the item to a person or a team.

I have also setup a standard dashboard that appears in each project that lists the open RAID items either as a single list or as separate lists.

Daniel

Level 3

Hi Shawn, feel free to IM. I created a RAID view to provide this info neatly. Individual risks, actions, issues and decisions are subtypes of issue. I find this useful if a risk becomes an issue, then you just need to update the type (instead of having to migrate from the "risk" area)

I have also created dashboards to present the data in different ways.

Level 2

Hi Justin, would you be willing to share how you created the subtypes and your dashboard. I'm new to workfront and I need to create a RAID log for projects. It would be really helpful to have a start point. [Not sure how to IM you or I would]. Thanks in advance.

Level 3

Hi Cathie,

Happy to help. If you can share your email thanks, I'll send you what I sent others who asked for it thanks.

Kind Regards,

Justin Fleming

Level 2
Thanks so much! I’m also looking for Workfront customers who use Scrum to deliver projects. We are trying to use Workfront for that but it’s a bit cludgy compared to other tools I have implemented. If you know of anyone, let me know. My email: cleys@westerracu.com Thanks, Cathie

Level 4

Hi Justin - I came across this post from last year and was wondering if you'd be willing to provide information around your RAID view and the way you've reported on this. I have users who want to find a better way to report on risks and issues. My email is MMcAnelly@paraport.com. Please let me know. Thanks!