Expand my Community achievements bar.

Was looking to see if anyone uses a RAID log (Risks, Actions, Issues, Decisions) within the application and if so how they are using it.

Level 3

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Employee

Hi Shawn,

I just took a look and it looks like this thread had a lot of people interested in a RAID log. I'm not sure if any of these guys are still around or if they use a RAID log still, but I'm going to tag them, just in case.

And to all of you I'm tagging, thank you in advance for considering sharing your RAID log experiences!

@Daniel Cooley‚ @Jodi Biscevic‚ @John Kollar‚ @James Keuning‚ @Martin Weston‚ @Justin Fleming‚ @Sarah Lemoncelli‚ @Karen Rutz‚ @Lori George‚ @Nick Vivanco‚ @Kathleen Palumbo‚ @Christopher Voss‚ @Vicki Calabro‚ @Corey Young‚ @Jason Hanson‚ @Victoria Philippsen‚

Kyna

Level 4

Hi @Shawn Flege‚

The main approach I have seen is to use issues to represent RAID items on a project. Each item type would have a queue topic and a related custom form (if needed). Routing rules can be applied as needed to automatically assign the item to a person or a team.

I have also setup a standard dashboard that appears in each project that lists the open RAID items either as a single list or as separate lists.

Daniel

Level 3

Hi Shawn, feel free to IM. I created a RAID view to provide this info neatly. Individual risks, actions, issues and decisions are subtypes of issue. I find this useful if a risk becomes an issue, then you just need to update the type (instead of having to migrate from the "risk" area)

I have also created dashboards to present the data in different ways.

Level 2

Hi Justin, would you be willing to share how you created the subtypes and your dashboard. I'm new to workfront and I need to create a RAID log for projects. It would be really helpful to have a start point. [Not sure how to IM you or I would]. Thanks in advance.

Level 3

Hi Cathie,

Happy to help. If you can share your email thanks, I'll send you what I sent others who asked for it thanks.

Kind Regards,

Justin Fleming

Level 2
Thanks so much! I’m also looking for Workfront customers who use Scrum to deliver projects. We are trying to use Workfront for that but it’s a bit cludgy compared to other tools I have implemented. If you know of anyone, let me know. My email: cleys@westerracu.com Thanks, Cathie

Level 4

Hi Justin - I came across this post from last year and was wondering if you'd be willing to provide information around your RAID view and the way you've reported on this. I have users who want to find a better way to report on risks and issues. My email is MMcAnelly@paraport.com. Please let me know. Thanks!