Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Want to add a Project report column with a link to the Project > Documents screen

Level 4

Does anyone know if it's possible with text mode to add a Project report column with an active link to the Projects > Documents screen?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The slick way to do it is to create a calc field that is on every project Called "Project Documents", something like this:

CONCAT("https://hcgint.my.workfront.com/project/view?ID=", {ID} , "&activeTab=list-project-documents")

Then, in a report, create a column with this text mode:

displayname=WF Documents
link.url=customDataLabelsAsString(Project Documents)
linkedname=html(URL)
textmode=true
valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Project Documents}),"","Docs Link")
valueformat=HTML

Looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 3.27.13 pm.jpg

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

The slick way to do it is to create a calc field that is on every project Called "Project Documents", something like this:

CONCAT("https://hcgint.my.workfront.com/project/view?ID=", {ID} , "&activeTab=list-project-documents")

Then, in a report, create a column with this text mode:

displayname=WF Documents
link.url=customDataLabelsAsString(Project Documents)
linkedname=html(URL)
textmode=true
valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Project Documents}),"","Docs Link")
valueformat=HTML

Looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 3.27.13 pm.jpg

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

Level 4

Hey @RandyRoberts when the user clicks the Docs Link it redirects to their SSO login page. Do you know of a way to get around this?

Level 10

If the user is logged in already, it should go directly to the project documents page.

If the user is NOT logged in, and you are emailing the report out or exporting it as a spreadsheet, there is no way they can see the documents section without logging in.

You can't log in to Workfront without logging in to Workfront.

Level 3

Hello Randy,

Do I need to replace the (Project Documents) or (URL) in order to make this work? So far I am having no luck in transposing this into my report.

Thanks,

Lukasz

Level 10

You only need to replace the part that says "YOURDOMAIN": 

CONCAT("https://YOURDOMAIN.my.workfront.com/project/view?ID=", {ID} , "&activeTab=list-project-documents")

You need to create the calc field on a form that is attached to every project first.

Level 3

Hi Randy,

It was my fault, I just realised I was trying to apply this syntax on the task report which is why the column showed blank.

Is there a way to pull this on task level report? I now see Docs Link by amending the expression to below but its not an active link.

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({project}.{DE:Project Documents}),"","Docs Link")

Kind regards,

Lukasz

Level 10

Valuexpressions do not natively produce clickable links. It's easier than you may think though. Just add the Field from the project to the task report. In this screenshot, "Project Documents_" is the DE:Project Documents calc field.

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 10.37.26 am.jpg

Level 3

Right, of course. I tried this as initial solution but than got into trying shorten or replace the URL with "Docs Link" or alike.

Thanks

Lukasz

Level 10

That can probably be done as well, although I have not done it.

Level 3

Thanks, Ill do some research. I was chasing too many leads on this hence the confusion!

Level 3

Hi Randy,

So while I was looking into this matter further I managed to pull project documents URL into task report with the code below without a need for calculated field. Next I aim to make it a custom link. I hope this can be useful for someone out there.

displayname=Project Documents (Direct Link)
textmode=true
valueexpression=CONCAT("https://winningmoves.my.workfront.com/project/view/documents?ID=", {projectID})
valueformat=HTML 

Level 10

yep, you can do that directly as well but if you want it to display "Docs Link" or something like that and not the whole URL, you'll need the calc field.