Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

View or Filer Needed

Level 2

I need help creating a view or filter

All my projects have several Parent tasks - when others filter by just there assigned tasks - they often get confused to which parent it belongs to and the other tasks under that parent 

Is there a way to have a filter that shows all my current tasks - their parent's task names - and any other tasks under that parent? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

To break this down the tasks you want are all the tasks that I'm assigned to, that tasks parent, and that  parent's child tasks.  

This is a task filter, I'd advise testing it first within a report so that nothing gets corrupted if the internet makes some formatting errors out of what was working for me in a quick test.

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=TASK
EXISTS:a:assignedToID=$$USER.ID
EXISTS:a:parentID=FIELD:parentID
OR:1:EXISTS:b:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
OR:1:EXISTS:b:$$OBJCODE=TASK
OR:1:EXISTS:b:assignedToID=$$USER.ID
OR:1:EXISTS:b:parentID=FIELD:ID

So this reads show me all tasks where a task assigned to the user has the same parentID or the ID is that task's parentID

Same great Melinda, now @Freeman.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

To break this down the tasks you want are all the tasks that I'm assigned to, that tasks parent, and that  parent's child tasks.  

This is a task filter, I'd advise testing it first within a report so that nothing gets corrupted if the internet makes some formatting errors out of what was working for me in a quick test.

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=TASK
EXISTS:a:assignedToID=$$USER.ID
EXISTS:a:parentID=FIELD:parentID
OR:1:EXISTS:b:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
OR:1:EXISTS:b:$$OBJCODE=TASK
OR:1:EXISTS:b:assignedToID=$$USER.ID
OR:1:EXISTS:b:parentID=FIELD:ID

So this reads show me all tasks where a task assigned to the user has the same parentID or the ID is that task's parentID

Same great Melinda, now @Freeman.com

Level 2

Thanks! @The_Real_Melinda_Layten 

That worked - one additional question - is there a way to make the parent task show up as larger font or highlighted? 

Level 4

Yep you can use conditional formatting if the number of children > 0.