Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Fusion and CSV files: How do I import values for a multi-select field?

Level 5

Quick Question: I have a process I'm building out for creating Issues from a CSV file. Most of it is pretty straightforward and simple...except for when it comes to multi-select fields. How would I take a list with commas, grab those fields, and have Fusion apply them for that field?

This feels like it should be easier than it is...but welcome to Fusion.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Okay, I think I nailed it. I ended up using "split" and turned the list into sub strings, then integrated the selections when I created the issue:

JohnJOSullivan_0-1680122807133.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi John, if you're using the issue kickstart then typically the pipe |  is the default to separate multiple-select items.  Example, say I have custom field Test Product and it has the following choices, apple, orange, plum, pear.  Say my first issue I chose apple and pear then for a second issue I choose orange and plum.  Here is what the column would look like for that 

DE:Test Product

apple|pear

orange|plum

Hopefully I understood properly and this helps.  Well, re-reading, I misunderstood, sorry.  You're using Fusion.  In that case, for your custom field, you can click the map toggle button and input something similar but with commas, example  orange, plum

Level 5

So, I've tried commas (with spaces), commas (without spaces), values in quotes, semi-colons, pipes...nothing works. I'm assuming Fusion is reading the field in the CSV and thinking it's one huge value, as I get the following error: 

The operation failed with an error. [422] Invalid Parameter: <custom form field> value "apple, orange, tomato"

Correct answer by
Level 5

Okay, I think I nailed it. I ended up using "split" and turned the list into sub strings, then integrated the selections when I created the issue:

JohnJOSullivan_0-1680122807133.png