Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using Kanban

Level 4
Looking for help or advice. When using the Kanban view for an agile team. Can we customize the column names (status names) to be what our team needs (we don't want to change the statuses for the entire organization - just for our team)? Has anyone else come across this problem? thanks!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 4
If you create a group that corresponds to the team then you can use the statuses by group functionality. It isn't by team. If you have several teams that all use the same statuses they could be placed in one group (to cut down on the number of group-specific statuses). I find this limitation a bit frustrating as well since it isn't very kanban-friendly. Elizabeth Ross J Jill

Level 4
Thanks, Elizabeth! How do I create a group that corresponds to the team?

Level 2
DJ, I posted the method in Idea Exchange a few months ago as it is a bit complex: https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSD0AAO/detail For Agile Teams, the statuses need to be System Statuses that are Locked in order to create or modify the story board - not just for the specific team. AFTER HOURS: Create the System Statuses in Locked state Create Projects and/or Teams to use. Modify Project Agile View, Scrum or Kanban storyboard to include the new statuses. Unlock associated System Statuses Hide associated Statuses from other groups besides the group you need it for. Test Let me know if you have any questions. John Albaugh

Level 5
Hi - great post and I had hoped it would work, but sadly it didn't. Firstly this only seems to work in tasks and not issues - the issues has no 'hide'? Secondly, when I hide the task status from all other groups (i have also tried hiding and not hiding the system status version also) - I still don't see the task status, as an option within the dropdown on the Team StoryBoard? Is this the same for you? Miranda Rais GVC

Level 2
Miranda, I sounds like you may have done step 3 out of order. While the new statuses are Locked system-wide you need to configure your boards (Team and Project). You also need to make sure you have the team setup as a Top-Level group before you hide the statuses in Step 4. Unfortunately, hiding them system-wide does just that which includes the group and also blanks the board you just setup, so they need to stay visible from the System standpoint but can be hidden everywhere else. Lastly, a recent change in the System Admin area changes the Status level (top right corner) from being a drop-down to now a text look-up field. Therefore, you'll likely want to have a list of all of the groups available so that you don't miss any when hiding the new Kanban statuses. If you have any other questions about the configuration just let me know and I can walk you through it. Thanks, John Albaugh, PMP John Albaugh

Level 5
You are totally right! That worked a treat - ty :) Miranda Rais GVC