Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Project % Complete - What triggers it?

Level 2
Hello, I am trying to find what triggers the field on the project summary page to update. I have project tasks showing up as 100%, but the "Percent Complete" on the project summary bar still shows 0%. Can anyone tell me what triggers the percentage in this bar and why it would be 0% when I have tasks complete? A screenshot is attached. Brett Coulam Zions Bancorp
3 Replies

Community Advisor
Percent Complete is a tricky one that still hangs up some of my admins and users. it depends on what your Global Workfront settings. Option One: It calculates based on planned hours. So even if tasks are new / in-progress if all the tasks with planned hours are marked complete the project will show 100% complete. Same with parent tasks. Option Two: It calculates based on planned duration. So it will take all the tasks planned durations and multiply by the percent complete of each task to get a total completion percentage. Here's a link explaining is more detail with examples: https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Understanding-Percent-Complete-for-Projects-853438296 And as a general rule of thumb, if things are still showing up wonky; go to Project Actions and select recalculate timeline. Sometimes the percentages and days get a little hung up when you make timeline and assignment edits. Hope this helps! Monique Evans Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.

Level 2
Thank you, Monique. That explanation was perfect. Brett Brett Coulam Zions Bancorp

Level 4
Thanks for sharing the explanation and the article. Good information to know. Rochelle L. Webb, DM, CSM Interim Director, Project Management Office My Health My Resources (MHMR) of Tarrant County O – 817-569-4146 M - 817-897-3654 Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email, and delete the original message from your system.