Expand my Community achievements bar.

Users getting notifications every time a project is created with a template

Level 7

I know this is a sharing issue with a project template but I'm not how to correct it. Every time a project is created by a specific template, the entire team gets a notification. Is it because the template is shared with the team or is it because the template has the project sharing setting shared with a team?

4 Replies

Level 7

It's probably because the team is assigned to the template.  Go to the template, then go to the People section.  Anyone added to the People section of a template will be notified (and added to the project) every time a project is created with that template.

Level 2

I had this issue as well and I found that one of the tasks in the template has a team assigned to it. Removing the team assignment from the template stopped the notifications to the entire team.

Level 7

Thank you for your response. I see that it was marked as the correct answer. However, I checked this and a team has not been assigned to any of the template tasks. Only one person is, and this is not the person getting the notifications. The people page on the template and the project also does not have the team listed - only the one person who had been assigned. Again, this person is not the one getting notifications.

MarlaDR

Level 2

I think this is one possible answer. I don't think this is the only answer. It's just the answer that worked for me.

Is it possible that the notifications are going to users defined in other parts of the project? Maybe a Project Owner, Sponsor, or Converted Issue Originator, They could be assigned to an Issue within the project or maybe on a Proof?