Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

User Profiles - since Admin Console (and enabling SSO)

Level 2

I have two scenarios ....

1) External email address profile. Let's say an agency partner has someone who needs a WF profile. I used to create inside Workfront with their email address. However -- the challenge I'm encountering is if that person has an Adobe login for their own products and uses the same email for my Workfront product -- they're stuck. The password they have doesn't work. So, they don't even get to the second pop up screen to select "personal account" as I was instructed was the path fwd. (I can't recreate their experience. I've watched on screen as they show me what they encounter.) 

2) We have an independent contractor that's working with us. So they have an external email address until our company creates a company-issued email. So day 1, I create Workfront profile with external email adress. In the past -- I could take 5 seconds to go into Workfront user profile and change the email address to the company-issued email and enable SSO. Since Admin Console -- seems that's not possible. 

- Does anyone have a better solution?

- My current solve is to create a new profile with company-issued email. Reassign existing objects to new profile before deleting the old profile. 

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

FYI these are steps from Support team, for this specific user - incognito worked for her. So, I'm unstuck in both scenarios!
~~

1. Try after clearing caches and cookies for All Time.
    2. Suggest using an incognito window to log in to Workfront.
    3. Avoid using saved bookmarks for using the Workfront If you are using.
    4. Try with a different browser (Firefox, Safari).
    5. Make sure your browser is up-to-date.

If the issue is not resolved by the above steps, then I would suggest you to kindly remove the product Workfront from the affected user profile on the Admin Console and re-add the Workfront product again as you're the system admin of the account.

The steps are given below:-
  1. https://adminconsole.adobe.com/
  2. Click on the user Tab
  3. Search for the affected user, then click on the user profile
  4. Click on the three-dot option and remove product Workfront, then re-add
  5. Save settings
  6. Check with the affected user to try to log in with a different browser (Incognito window and don't use the Bookmark for login.)

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 1

I am experiencing your second problem, too! Our company uses SSO, and I need to change an email/username for an external agency and am unable to do so. I'm following along with the hopes of an answer - thank you.

Community Advisor

For the second scenario you should be able to deactivate the external profile, then edit and change the email address, then reactivate the profile with the new email address.

Level 2

THANK YOU!!!! So glad to have another 5 second solution to scenario 2. 

Community Advisor

Maribeth, I'd open a case with the Support team for issue 1. I haven't noticed any issue adding externals to workfront (haven't done it recently though).

Correct answer by
Level 2

FYI these are steps from Support team, for this specific user - incognito worked for her. So, I'm unstuck in both scenarios!
~~

1. Try after clearing caches and cookies for All Time.
    2. Suggest using an incognito window to log in to Workfront.
    3. Avoid using saved bookmarks for using the Workfront If you are using.
    4. Try with a different browser (Firefox, Safari).
    5. Make sure your browser is up-to-date.

If the issue is not resolved by the above steps, then I would suggest you to kindly remove the product Workfront from the affected user profile on the Admin Console and re-add the Workfront product again as you're the system admin of the account.

The steps are given below:-
  1. https://adminconsole.adobe.com/
  2. Click on the user Tab
  3. Search for the affected user, then click on the user profile
  4. Click on the three-dot option and remove product Workfront, then re-add
  5. Save settings
  6. Check with the affected user to try to log in with a different browser (Incognito window and don't use the Bookmark for login.)

Level 1

I am trying to change a username from an individual's email account to a communal email account so the rest of an agency can work on a project. I have tried to research this on my own, but every suggestion from Adobe Experience League thus far has not worked. Can we change the username or do I need to instruct the agency to create a new account with a communal email?

Thanks in advance

Community Advisor

I merged this duplicate post into this conversation.

Level 1

Follow up question you can maybe help me with : If we want one email account for an external agency to use, will a community email suffice? Our company utilizes SSO for security purposes, but I believe the agency can turn 2 factor authentication off, and/or select a 2fa that's not a mobile number. Correct?

Community Advisor

I don't have an answer, however, I suggest that you talk to your company's security team before you consider anything like this. Our company has locked us down and I know that for us, it would probably be against company policy to develop a workaround.