Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

User Profile - Did I miss an update?

Level 5

Hi all,

I've just noticed that there are a couple of new options in User Profiles as shown below. Did I miss an update about this? I'm just a bit concerned that as a Sys Admin, I should be on the ball with noticing all changes, but I completely missed this. Does anyone who where is was documented or announced please?

Thanks

Matt

MattWindsor_0-1709833566516.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share a quick product update on the status of these user preferences:

The user preferences mentioned in this thread have been removed. Moving forward, layout templates will be the only way to configure users' items.

@Madalyn_Destafney @KatherineLa @MattWindsor 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

This is definitely strange, this is what used to show in profiles when we had WF Classic... 

@jon_chen is this a bug?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Administrator

Hi @Madalyn_Destafney @KatherineLa Thanks for your patience as I checked on this with our product team. Please see their response below:

The indicated user preferences are an old feature, not a new one. It is considered a legacy feature since layout templates are used to configure user's items. This will be deprecated sometime in the future, most likely when we start working on revamping the user page. 

Level 5

Hi Jon,

Do you know if this old feature was turned back on for any reason?

Thanks

Matt

Administrator

Hello @MattWindsor @Madalyn_Destafney Thanks for your questions. Please see the product team's response below:

We will have some time in our upcoming sprints to look into what caused this field to appear. If we determine that this field is no longer being used, it will be removed.

Community Advisor

Hi Jon, yes, it's an old feature that had already gone away with the deprecation of WF Classic, so that's why we were confused when we saw it in the profile area again. It's not impacting anything with layout templates, was just odd that it's reappearing in the first place.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 7

This is visible in our instance this morning as well, though has no actual effect if a user attempts to make the change whether they have a layout template applied or not. 

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share a quick product update on the status of these user preferences:

The user preferences mentioned in this thread have been removed. Moving forward, layout templates will be the only way to configure users' items.

@Madalyn_Destafney @KatherineLa @MattWindsor