Expand my Community achievements bar.

User can't make comments on Interactive Proofer. Any advice?

Level 10

We've been working with Support for a few days and can't seem to solve this. The user is Worker license with all the same access settings as her colleagues. She can comment on a normal browser proof but not on the Interactive Proof. The comment button is there but when she tries to actually make a comment she gets a message that she's offline and then given an option to resume but it doesn't work.

She's working on a brand new Mac with a "remote desktop" access to her computer in the office and we use Microsoft SSO login. We are on New not Classic. Everything else in Workfront works normally but this one thing and nobody else I can identify is having this problem. Her Microsoft profile has been rebuilt, the office computer replaced and also tested on a second office computer, the interactive app has been reinstalled, so it seems to have to do with her particular profile settings but we can't find anything different about her.

Has anybody had this experience or have any ideas on what else to try?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

13 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm not clear on which computers you've tested it on (maybe you can clarify a bit?).

The test below is maybe something you've already walked through with Support?

Test: If interactive proof works on YOUR machine, have you changed her password and then logged in as her using your working machine? (i.e. just log straight in, don't use the "Log In As" functionality)

Conclusion: If you can get the proofer to work when you're logged in as you but not when you're logged in as her, then it would be a Workfront Support issue. (different accounts behave differently)

If you have a working proofer no matter who you are logged in as, then it will be an IT issue. (different machines behave differently)

Level 10

IT keeps changing out the remote desktop computer as that's where they think the problem is, but it's not solving it. That is the computer that sits in the office that she remotes into from home, since we are still working from home. They won't allow anybody to use VPN for security reasons unless they have a borrowed laptop which she doesn't have.

When I "login as" it works fine. I'm trying to find out if we can change her password so I can login to be her but we use SSO so I'm not entirely sure how that would work. Thanks for that advice, hopefully I can try it.

Community Advisor

Since this a brief test, I would just edit the user's profile and take her off SSO only. It will give you an option to put in a password at that point.

I often do this additional step because I'm not sure exactly what carries over when I am using "log in as" vs actually logging in as them, if you catch my drift.

Level 10

Ok so our IT head logged in as her at home himself and the tool worked fine. He's usually pretty good at trouble shooting and can't figure this one out. I have one very unhappy user who is on the edge of the cliff!

Employee

Hi Jill,

This looks like quite the puzzle. Have you submitted a support ticket yet? At this point that's what I'd say we need to do next.

So sorry for your poor user - and you!

Kyna

Level 10

Yes we've had an open ticket for a while but it seems like it's a local IT issue and not WF.

Level 10

Hi Skye - so I tried to get her off the SSO and have a login separate, but it always opens the Microsoft window no matter where I go -- how do you bypass the Microsoft SSO and enter a manual email/password?

Community Advisor

hi Jill, just use the same url you always use but append "login" to the end of it. So:

https : // yourinstance . my . workfront . com / login

Use her email address and the password you created, to log in.

Community Advisor

Hi Jill,

If you've been working with support, I'm sure you've already tried this also. But what browser is she using?

If she's on a Mac, I'm sure she's not using Internet Explorer. I had someone recently having issues with proofs in IE, I urged them to use Chrome and that solved their issues. But for anyone who is not using Chrome, I have them try that.

Level 10
Hi Heather Thanks, we’ve tried using broth Chrome and Edge but since the problem is restricted to the interactive app I’m not sure the browser is an issue. We’ve also cleared her cache and that stuff.

Level 10

Skye this is so insane I can't seem to disconnect her from the SSO. I removed the checkmark and set a new password in her profile but when we both go to /login and login from that WF screen it says that it will only accept SSO logins. Which isn't true, we have unlicensed users who are not SSO who can login. I'm about to throw the whole thing out the window.

Community Advisor

that's weird. I would almost log that as a separate ticket tbh.

This is a long shot and not promising it will do anything but I almost feel like there might be room here to first log in as her and then do a resetUser (i.e. https : // yourinstance . my . workfront . com / resetUser) or even additionally [and this really is flailing around] a convertUsername (i.e. https : // yourinstance . my . workfront . com / login / convertUsername). In doing this you would at least be able to know that there isn't a glitch in her user profile anywhere. I don't have a lot of hope that either of these would fix anything though. I usually only do either as an "I'm at my wits end" maneuver since resetUser resets any of their individual customizations which would be quite annoying if they had a lot.