Expand my Community achievements bar.

User activation date

Level 4

Does Workfront have the native capability for a user's activation date? That way, if a user account is created before the employee's start date, it does not mess up our capacity reports. 

We could create a custom User field and modify all capacity search criteria, but I figured I would ask first.

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Ross, 

You can see when a user was created using User 'Entry Date'. You can see this field in a User Report in a column, for example. Would that fulfill your use-case? 

I hope this helps! 

Level 4

Not really. Because the date on which the user account was created isn't necessarily their start date. There could be a gap of up to a month. We're trying to prevent their availability from showing up in Planner. 

Level 10

Hi @Ross_Barton,

Your custom User field and search criteria sounds like a good approach to me.

You could also leave such users Inactive until that date (hiding them on dropdowns, etc.) to avoid grabbing them "too soon"), then filtering and/or grouping by that custom User field to then find and (bulk-update) activate them On The Day.

Alternatively (if you want to plan ahead), you might also consider suffixing the users last names with the date you expect the to become active (e.g. Joe Bloggs YYYY-MM-DD for higher visibility).

Regards,

Doug 

A user field and search might be the best way to filter these folks out of Planner (capacity reporting).

PMs still need the ability to assign them to future tasks before they start, so I cannot keep them inactive until the start date.