Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

update macros in a WorkFront project

Level 1

Hello - greetings from New Zealand. I'm new to WorkFront, currently busy creating some project templates to help in my project management role. As we have many projects on the go, I like to prefix each task with the <Project Name> for ease of use. I couldn't find the info in the Help section: is there a way I can update this macro (or any macro) in WorkFront as you can in other tools? Thank you. Thierry

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Fusion automation is probably the best approach -- an automation that is set up to prefix each task with the name of the project. The alternatives would be to create reports and views that show project + task names and use this to manage your work; or to create a custom field name on a task that reflects the project + field name and find a way to make sure this is front and center of the users' viewpoint.

Can you explain a little further what "ease of use" you're specifically looking at? (where is seeing this new task name going to benefit your users the most)

Level 1

Hello Skye - thank you very much for reaching and your reply. I would love to know more about Fusion automation - it sounds like the perfect solution. We have a fair amount of concurrent projects with similar tasks, and below is a quick example of how we set these up: -

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 9.59.43 AM.png
When I mention 'ease of use', I'm looking at the efficiency Fusion automation would provide by automatically prefixing each task in a given template / project. Thank you Skye - looking forward to your reply. Best, Thierry