Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Typeahead filter by Template ID

Level 1

I am new to Workfront/textmode and am not having much success filtering a typeahead selection list of Projects where the filter excludes projects that do not have a specific templateID. Here is what my typeahead filter looks like now. When I preview the form it pulls all projects. Thank you

templateID=5f8d7c960004c60d1519582534f69728

templateID_Mod=in

I pulled the templateID information from a Report view to confirm that I had the correct field name "templateID" and ID value.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 8

Hi Malc, what kind of form are you using this typeahead on (Project, Task?)

Level 1

At this point it is now a Project. TY!

I created a custom form to generate a unique id for intent across all departments. Once the form has been completed a unique id (issues reference id) is created and it turns into an Issue. That Issue is then converted into a Project which can then be used throughout the org by this typeahead field. My hiccup to this plan is this filtering of the typeahead field. Thanks in advance for the help.

Employee

Hey @Adina Pierce‚ and @Malc McDonald‚ were you guys able to get this one solved by chance?

Level 8

I just tested this (sorry for forgetting) and it looks like its a bug with the preview. When I added the form with that field to a project, it worked as expected.

Employee

No apologies necessary whatsoever, @Adina Pierce‚ - thank you for testing this! I'm glad it was a bug with the preview, but also will see if I can't get that reported. @Malc McDonald‚ I hope this was a good solution for you!