Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Typeahead field not displaying when converted to a project

Level 2

On a custom form (project, issue) I've created a Typeahead User field named SupervisorName that is part of a request queue.

When the request is converted to a project, I can see the SupervisorName in the project fields. 

If I create a issue report it will display the SupervisorName on the reprot. 

However, when placed on a project report it doesn't display the information.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thank you for sharing that product release. That did it. By typing DE: after the first curly bracket it worked.

To summarize my use case . . . 

1. I created a custom form intake form (project, task, issue object types).
  2. I have a typehead field - user - to capture the supervisor's name, named: MCCMS Intake Who is your SupervisorUserName
  3. On the same form, there is a text calculation field with the formula: {DE:MCCMS Intake Who is your SupervisorUserName:name}. This is called My Supervisor Calculated
  4. I added "My Supervisor Caculated" on the task report.

I did find any issue that had already been converted to a project wouldn't recognize the field. I had to delete the project and convert it again. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 2

It definitely should be on both, if you are picking the correct field that corresponds with the correct object type (i.e. an issue field for an issue report and a project field for a project report) and the form/project is shared correctly.  

Level 2

Thanks for replying. 

Once I convert the issue to a project, the SupervisorName continues to display when I edit the Project fields, including the other fields that were part of the issue. If I place it on a project only report, the SupervisorName displays as well as the other fields that were part of the issue. If I place it on a task report, SupervisorName doesn't display, but all the other fields that were part of the issue display.

I feel this may require a text mode, but I don't know that well enough to create one. 

Community Advisor

sounds like from your responses below you're wanting typeahead fields in a project custom form, to display on a task report. This functionality is a bit limited so you have two options -- text mode which will give you TMI or a calculated field. This thread summarizes the whole conversation; I believe nothing has changed since then.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/reporting-on-typeahead-fields/m...

Level 2

Hi, I did see that thread and have tried to follow it but not having success. I did post the following into it: 

Hi everyone, I'm trying to follow this thread but having difficulty. On my custom form called Intake (it creates project, task, issue object types) I have a typeahead user field with the name of "MCCMS Intake Who is your SupervisorUserName". On the same custom form, I'm trying to create a calculated text field using the syntax of {Who is Your SupervisorMCCMS Intake Who is your SupervisorUserName:name} but it says invalid. I've even used the Fields lookup and it says "It doesn't look like that matches any available fields"

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Community Advisor

OK Correction -- ONE thing has changed, and this is detailed in the release notes for 22.3 https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/product-announcements/product-releases/relea...

(I remember mentioning to several people at the time, that this standardization would render many community posts about calculated fields largely useless.) Please use the training video located in the release notes to educate yourself about the new syntax (or you can also ask the helpdesk to help).

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thank you for sharing that product release. That did it. By typing DE: after the first curly bracket it worked.

To summarize my use case . . . 

1. I created a custom form intake form (project, task, issue object types).
  2. I have a typehead field - user - to capture the supervisor's name, named: MCCMS Intake Who is your SupervisorUserName
  3. On the same form, there is a text calculation field with the formula: {DE:MCCMS Intake Who is your SupervisorUserName:name}. This is called My Supervisor Calculated
  4. I added "My Supervisor Caculated" on the task report.

I did find any issue that had already been converted to a project wouldn't recognize the field. I had to delete the project and convert it again. 

Community Advisor

ha, that's weird. Did you try recalculating the expression? (it's a little button on the custom form field that admins often miss)

Level 2

I didn't think about recalculating expressions. Once I did that it worked. Thank you for the follow-up.