Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Trying to create Calculated custom field - having issues - please help

Level 2
Level 2

I'm trying to pull 'Project' information into tasks within the project using a calculated field on a custom form.... but I'm stuck.

https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FAd...

I've created the custom task form (entitled 'Project Information'), then intend to pull in a field from a Project form entitled 'Summary of brief'. I'm putting the following into the Calculation field but I'm obviously on the wrong track:-

Project.(summary of brief)

What am I not getting?

I hope that's enough info to understand where I am but if not, can elaborate if need be.

rsvp

Regards

Ross

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

hi Ross, I can give it a shot.

According to the page you linked to, the intro says "you create a statement that uses data expressions and the names of existing fields" to build a calculated custom data field.

However, according to your calculation, you're just putting in the name of the form. So that's just not going to work at all -- you're never going to pull in the whole form in one go.

If you have one custom field on that form you'd like to pull in, you could go with something like this:

Project.({DE:OneFieldName})

I hope that's enough to get you started.