Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Trying to auto create a Task via Workfront Fusion when a project custom field is updated. Please help!

Level 7

Hi All,

I'm new to Fusion, so I need some guidance on this.

I'm trying to create a scenario which will auto create a task when a project field (radio button) with three option (A, B, C) get updated to B or C.

Note: This should not create a duplicate task when option is updated from B to C or C to B

My approach:

I'm trying to create it based on number of bundles passed through a module. Module 37 has 1 less than Module 12, so it should NOT auto create a Task (because it already has filtered out OCM Task that I need). I know it is not perfect, so I'm looking for suggestions.

0694X00000H7P2wQAF.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

I think without some more detailed context and insight into the 4 displayed existing modules (in your screenshot) , it would be hard to make an educated suggestion.

Level 7

We do this concept with planned start date changes creating an issue.

Based on what you've noted, I'm guessing there would be easier options - b/c it's a custom field so it should be in the watch event to compare old and new values. Then with filters I'd direct if it should take action or not.

Level 7

Thanks Jason - Your suggestion helped me and I made some progress on it : )