Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to view Tasks and requests assigned to a team

Level 1

I am struggling with reports.  I need to have one report that shows all tasks and request that have been assigned to a team so that the manager of the team can distribute the work.  I have been trying to use the Assignment report but I can't figure out the columns so that I can see the request. 

Questions:

1. Is there a way to automatically filter by a team so that the manager of the team sees only their team

note: I can hard code a filter by team but want it to be automatic

2. Is there a way to combine the name columns from both tasks and requests into one column

note: if not, I can just create a report for tasks and another for requests

3. Is there a diagram that explains the fields that are selectable on the for the reports?

note: I can't figure out which column to display that will show the assigned to (for both the request and the task) so that the manager can quickly change the assignment from the team to an individual.  

Thank you for the help

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I think your best bet would be to create a report for tasks and another for requests. The problem here is that you want the manager to "quickly" change the assignment from the team to the individual, and this isn't possible in an assignment report.

Your next best bet would be to avoid reporting altogether. If the manager only needs to assign to one individual, this could potentially be done through the teams area using the "Team Requests" section. There's a little "reassign" icon, that when you use this, removes the team assignment and replaces it with exactly one user name.

Level 3

Hi @BethHolzman 

1. you can't do that in a report (show me the people who belong to the team I own)
    But - Wworkfront shows you exactly that when you go to the Team page and click Workload Balancer
  2. Yes you can join the 2 columns using sharecol=true in the left column 
  3. No diagram but I often use the API explorer https://developersupport.workfront.com/page-api-explorer.html
    In an assignment report you cannot change the assignee. That is possible only in a task or issue report.