Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Total Issue Count

Community Advisor
I feel like I'm missing something obvious but is there a way to have a count of the total number of issues on a project? I can only seem to pull the number of open issues. I wanted to create a report that pulls any projects with > 8k issues as a warning to admins that we need to make a new queue since the max is 10k. Any suggestions? Monique Evans Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

12 Replies

Level 10
well, this isn't a great suggestion, but at the very least, you can create an issue report, group by project name, download the summary view to excel, turn on excel's filter function and select in the Count column for any value over 8000. if you are set up to use queue topics in workfront, you can specifically filter first for issues that have queue topics, so you don't get every single issue. If you had a specific way of identifying your queues, this would help as well. e.g. We have a project status called "Request queue" so I could run an issue report looking for issues in projects that have a request queue status. All depends on what you want to filter out. The generic report (pulling all issues) was fine for me, even though I got 33000 rows, because I was able to employ filters in excel to weed it down to 4. -skye

Level 7
Hey Monique, Based on our API explorer, you can call to "totalOpTaskCount" as a column in a project report. It's not available via the GUI, but it's super simple to set up. Here's the code for it: displayname=Number of Total Requests linkedname=direct namekey=totalOpTaskCount querysort=totalOpTaskCount textmode=true valuefield=totalOpTaskCount valueformat=int And here's what I did to get it: I added the Number of Open Issues column, switched to text mode, changed numberOpenOpTasks to totalOpTaskCount then I set the displayname= and saved it. I hope this helps! Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 7
And I didn't think about it until after I submitted this response, but you can also use a filter, but it again has to be done in text mode. Fairly simple though: numberOpenOpTasks=80 numberOpenOpTasks_Mod=gte Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
Hi Monique, And if, following on Dustin's excellent suggestion, you are looking to filter on the total number of Issues, rather than just the Open issues (with "OpTask" being the term Workfront uses for "Issues", under the hood), I expect you could use a filter such as this: totalOpTaskCount=8000 totalOpTaskCount_Mod=gte ...to look for those Projects approaching the 10K limit you seek to avoid. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Community Advisor
Thank you all so much for the great suggestions!!! Dustin's report column is exactly what I am looking for. I completely forgot about the API Explorer. *Doh* Ideally, I wanted a report rather than a filter, so that I can set it to send to me quarterly so I can quickly check on any queues getting close to the Workfront limit, instead of having to remember myself. This will work perfectly until Workfront changes the maximum number of Issues limits! Monique Evans Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.

Level 1
I'd like to count the number of issues related to a task, to display in a report of tasks. How can I do that? Akimi Larson

Level 7
Hi Akimi, You can use the code I suggested above for the number of issues as a collection on a task report. It'll show the number of issues on a task. You also can't add a summary to a collections field (at least, I've never figured it out.) I hope that helps! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 1
Thanks for the reply. Do you mean this code? It does not work for me. The column is blank, even though I know that this task in this row resolves 4 issues. displayname=Number of Total Requests linkedname=direct namekey=totalOpTaskCount querysort=totalOpTaskCount textmode=true valuefield=totalOpTaskCount valueformat=int FYI, I am using the following code in the column before, and the names of the four issues do indeed show up in this column for this row. displayname=Resolvables listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(resolvables).lists textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=name valueformat=HTML Akimi Larson

Level 10
Akimi, I think the ""https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-views-collections/#issues-resolved">Issues Resolved " text mode will give you what you need on a task report. The example says it's for a project report, but it should work in a task or issue report as well. Thanks, Narayan

Level 7
Thanks Narayan! Akimi, Issues Resolved are for any issues that tie their resolution to that task. The totalOpTaskCount will only list the issues on that task. (An issue can 'live' on a task or project.) Hope this helps! Thanks, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 1
Hi Narayan and Dustin, Narayan's code from " "https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-views-collections/#issues-resolved" Issues Resolved " gives me basically the same thing that I had before - a list of the names of the issues related to the task. I do indeed want a count of the issues on the task, as Dustin says. In other words, the number of issues resolved by a task. However, the totalOpTaskCount isn't working for me. What I want is for the Number of Total Requests column to say 2. Do you know what changes I need to make to this code? Thanks for your help. displayname=Number of Total Requests linkedname=direct namekey=totalOpTaskCount querysort=totalOpTaskCount textmode=true valuefield=totalOpTaskCount valueformat=int Akimi Larson

Level 7
Hi Akimi, I understand what you're trying to do now. There is currently not a method available to summarize a collection on an object. In this case, we're having to use a collection to list the issues on a task. You can get it to display the name, or other fields, but it's a 1:1 relationship, not a 1:many (1:n). I hope you have a great weekend! All the best, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront