Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Text Mode Reporting - List of users grouped by Team (not their Home Team)

Level 5

I am trying to create a report that provides a list of users grouped by Team (not their Home Team) so that we can quickly see who is part of that team and click on any user name to access the user (direct link). I also want the report to filter to only include the 5 teams that I want displayed.

1. I thought since I want a list of users that I should create a User report and group by Team. BUT since any team that is not the Home Team qualifies as a collection and I cannot group by a collection, I don't see how to accomplish this using the User report.
  2. I created a Teams report and it almost accomplished what I am looking for. It filtered to the 5 teams I wanted included and I was able to get a string (I think that is the correct term) of names listed under the Grouping by Team name. But these user names are not individual entries where the user can click on a name and be brought to the users page and I am not able to include any columns of the users info like email, phone etc.

This is the code I am using for the Team Members column:

displayname=

linkedname=direct

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(users).lists

namekey=teammembers

textmode=true

type=iterate

valuefield=name

valueformat=HTML

viewalias=teammembers

Is there any way to accomplish what I am looking to do?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Tracy - The issue you are running into is that there is no object type that allows multiple line items for the same user. If someone was on three teams, you'd need some type of report that had three line items for the same user with just the Team info different. (Like the way the Assignment object type breaks up a task).

The only thing I can think of is a User Report but add a report prompt for Team IDs. Then a person can type in the team they are looking for, and it will filter to just those users with all the contact info and hyperlinks you'd like

Anyone else have any ideas?

Level 5

hmm, now knowing that...if they want to be able to see all of the teams at once maybe it would be best to make 5 separate reports and combine in a dashboard? I will see which option they prefer. Thanks for the help!

Level 10

I concur, Anthony.

Tracy, by extending your second approach, although you might be able to fish out some of the User information in the iterate, the chances of making it presentable and clickable are slim, and sortable slim to none. Instead, Anthony's approach gets you pretty close (and presentable, and clickable and sortable). Alternatively, if you have your heart set on seeing all five teams together, instead of prompting for the Team, you could clone 5 reports (ewww...), varying the filter on each to just one of the five of interest, and then drop them all on a dashboard, for presentation purposes.

haha...yes, exactly as you concluded while I typed this up!

Regards,

Doug