Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Templates - Assigning a Parent Task

Level 4
UPDATE: This has been resolved. Thank you to all who responded! The fix is noted on the very last response. Hello: I created a new template with 18 tasks. I'm looking to out-dent some of them since they are parent tasks. I tried right clicking and it did not show the indent/out-dent task feature. When I asked a co-worker to test it on her computer by giving her manage access to the same template to test it she did have the indent/out-dent feature she could access that feature by right-clicking. Since we both have manage access and she can and I can't see the indent/out-dent feature, does anyone know what would be causing this? I even tried rebooting the system but it did not work. Yolanda Rowe
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 7
Check you Filter, View and Grouping on your Template. Is this the same or different than your co-worker's? It could be that you have a filter, view or grouping set on your Template that is preventing the indenting functionality. Just a quick guess as to what the issue may be... Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
You would need a Planner license. So if the other person has a Plan license and you have a Work license, that would be the result. I assume you have a Plan license (or Admin) since you created a Template, but just thought I'd throw that out just in case.

Level 10
Just thought of something else. Are you both using Chrome? I've sometimes seen IE or Edge missing some selections.

Level 4
I did try that but it appears we have the same view. Thank you. Yolanda Rowe

Level 4
Yes. I am the ADMIN. Yolanda Rowe

Community Advisor
sorry if I state the obvious, but on the above screenshot, you are on the first task. You can neither indent or outdent this task. Have you tried a different task? PS: Also an obvious, if a task is all the way to the left, it also cannot be outdented. You can't move all the other tasks to the right just by pushing one task further left: there's a left hand limit, and all your tasks are on that limit right now, so can only be indented. (and not the first task) -skye

Level 4
Resolved with your suggestion. Was not aware you could not indent and never thought to try the second task. Worked beautifully. Thank you! Yolanda Rowe