Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Template duration to Calculated column

Level 3
Hi Reporting gurus, I may be overthinking this one. Is there a way to get a calculation on 'Template duration' to my calculated column of (entry date to requested due date)? (Thank you for your TEXT MODE PDF @Narayan Raum ) I'm basically looking for the day difference from (Entry date to Requested date) to (Template duration). Is this even possible? Thank you, Ruby Ruby Aran
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
You're welcome Ruby. Glad it helped some! First of all, what kind of report is this? Project? Issue? Requested Date and Entry Date are the same thing I would think. Template Duration translates into the duration of the project once created. So, you may be thinking of calculating the duration of the project or dates from the project timeline. A little clarification will help us help you.

Level 3
Thank you Narayan, This is a Project report: The column I already have calculated is Project entry to a custom field called Requested Delivery Date: aggregator.function=AVG aggregator.valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({entryDate},{DE:Requested Delivery Date}) aggregator.valueformat=val displayname=Entry to Completion textmode=true valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({entryDate},{DE:Requested Delivery Date}) valueformat= Now, is it possible to get a day difference from this column to the Template duration? I hope that's more helpful. Thank you in advance! Ruby Aran

Level 10
Hi Ruby, If you'd consider a graphical approach, here's an example of a Task report that contrasts a particular set of Tasks (among certain known Template Task names) durations – in blue – against the average actual durations of those tasks – in yellow. The concept is to then learn from the differences and then either "do better" to get actuals back in line or "get real" and increase the template durations. Regards, Doug

Level 3
Thanks, Doug! This looks great! Ruby Aran