Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Baseline dates v new negotiated dates v actuals

Level 1
Hello! I would like to track my initial baseline dates, then my negotiated rebaselined dates, and also my actuals. I am using planned start date and planed completion date for the original baseline and actual start date and actual completion date but is there any field I can use for a manually entered rebaselined or negotiated dates? Thank you, -Monica Monica Miyasato, PMP | Project Manager | US e Credit Union 858.795.6160 | MMiyasato@usecu.org | "http://www.usecu.org"> www.usecu.org
5 Replies

Level 4
Monica, Which set of dates are you implementing your plan against? If you are implementing against the negotiated rebaselined dates then I would create the initial plan using the planned dates (predecessors, durations, the works!), snap a baseline, and then change the planned dates (by modifying durations & predecessor lead/lag times) based on the negotiation. Then it is real easy to create a view or report that has the baseline dates (your original plan), current planned dates (negotiated dates), and actual dates next to each other to compare and even do some calculations if you want. Please let me know if you have any questions, David
DAVID A. TAYLOR Founder & Managing Consultant

Level 10
Hi Monica, Will adding a New Baseline, help? You can re-baseline as often as you like and set which ever you want as the default. In the Project, Baseline (probably under More tab). Is that what you're looking for or is there something else? Of course you can create a form with fields to enter your new baseline dates too.

Level 1
Thanks! What do you mean by "snap a baseline"? How do you do that? - sorry I'm not very familiar with WF functionality. And then how would you create a view/report to show all dates (baseline, negotiated, actuals) side by side? Thank you, -Monica Monica Miyasato USE Credit Union

Level 1
Thank you! I was looking for dates for each task, not the overall project :) Thank you, -Monica Monica Miyasato USE Credit Union

Level 10
Ah. I don't think WF does it that level. Maybe someone else has more information. But I think you'll have to create a form with the fields you want and attach it to each Task (which you can do in one shot with a Bulk edit). Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | Senior IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: 303-628-7262 | c: 303-319-6473 Http://www.denverwater.org Sent via mobile phone