Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

tasks assigned to team not shown for team members

Level 9

Hello,

we are currently in a testing phase of Workfront and I am at the beginning of the learning curve. So bear with me, please.

I have a Worker who is member of a production team.

If a task is directly assigned to the employee, he or she can see the task in the corresponding project. However, if the task is only assigned to the production team, the worker will not see the task. Is there any way to change this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Lars

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Lars

its best to think of Teams as a holding area before a task is assigned. It is meant to be used as a place for a team to see what work is assigned to them, and then eventually choose one of them to do the task.

There is no way to assign a group of people to a task and have it show up on their task list that I have found but I’m hoping someone will have a clever answer to this so I want to follow this thread as I find it frustrating as well. I’m sure in this forum I have asked this same question.

What I do is assign all the people to the task if it’s a task the entire group needs to Complete. For example, there are projects where every person on a team needs to review a proof and they need advance notice when it will be coming so that task has 10 people assigned to it so it shows up in their task list.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Lars

its best to think of Teams as a holding area before a task is assigned. It is meant to be used as a place for a team to see what work is assigned to them, and then eventually choose one of them to do the task.

There is no way to assign a group of people to a task and have it show up on their task list that I have found but I’m hoping someone will have a clever answer to this so I want to follow this thread as I find it frustrating as well. I’m sure in this forum I have asked this same question.

What I do is assign all the people to the task if it’s a task the entire group needs to Complete. For example, there are projects where every person on a team needs to review a proof and they need advance notice when it will be coming so that task has 10 people assigned to it so it shows up in their task list.

Level 9

Hello Jill,

thank you for your feedback.

I posted this issue as an idea. Let's see, if it will also be relevant for other users...