Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Task Update vs. General Update

Level 2
Is there a way to get the text that is input into the Updates tab under a specific Task to appear in the Status Update or Condition Update column when viewing projects under the Projects I Own section? I can only get the last text entered under the general Updates tab for the project which is often not the most recent update. We make most of our updates within specific tasks. Thanks. Steve Boothby CMC Rescue
7 Replies

Level 4
Hi Steve, Try the lastNote:noteText field. Daniel Cooley Kenall

Former Community Member
This issue came up here also. Can't all comments (updates) appear on the Updates tab at the Project level? This would save users from having to hunt through tasks and documents for information. And then it would behave similarly to the Documents tab, which "collects' all the project documents in one place, even if they are added to the task level. William Dodson MaineHealth

Former Community Member
This issue came up here also. Can't all comments (updates) appear on the Updates tab at the Project level? This would save users from having to hunt through tasks and documents for information. And then it would behave similarly to the Documents tab, which "collects' all the project documents in one place, even if they are added to the task level. William Dodson MaineHealth

Level 10
William: Our users didn't like that the document notes were not on the project level either. We actually created a report that they can select a date range and see all updates on projects they own whether on the project, task, issue, or document. Here is the deck we did for LEAP: http://lp.workfront.com/rs/758-USO-349/images/Product%20Fundamentals%20-%20Reports%20and%20Dashboard... If you look at slides 9-14 you see the info for the report we did. Steve: For your request, I came up with some code, but it is if there is a Last Note on any of the tasks in project. Because it is a collection, you can't just say the latest task to have an update. So, this might end up being too much but here is the code for all tasks with a last note and what that note is displayname=Tasks' Last Note listdelimiter=
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({lastNoteID}),"",CONCAT({name},": ",{lastNote}.{noteText})) valueformat=HTML Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 2
Thanks Daniel! That's exactly what I was looking for! Cheers, Steve Steve Boothby CMC Rescue

Former Community Member
Thank you Anthony -- Looks do-able! William Dodson MaineHealth

Level 4
You could also create a version of the document report that shows all document updates across the system. Then add to a dashboard. Then incorporate as a "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216722938-Creating-Custom-Tabs">custom tab on projects via "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216607058-Creating-and-Managing-Layout-Templates">Layout Template or as a per user customization. You could label the tab Doc Updates. As you may know, the tab will appear on every project and will automatically filter the updates down to the project you are looking at. Daniel Cooley Kenall