Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Any tips - Capturing Projects across Time Periods - Filtering by Entry Date or Actual Start Date?

Level 2
What is the best way to filter to capture project activity for a given time period? Is there a way to change the Entry Date or Actual Start Date after a project has been created? Today: All of our projects use the Start Date - vs Completion When we do a report we generally filter by Projects - Entry Date for our Fiscal Year We also like to capture by Quarter Issues are: If we create project in Advance it may fall off or report off the wrong time period - i.e. A Project that has been created in Planning If we copy a project it will be pick up the original project Entry Date so it may not be captured in the Report - i.e. If it’s outside of this date range If a project carries over from into another time period - it may not be captured? How do we solve for this?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 7
Is there a way to change the Entry Date? I don't think so. Actual Start Date? Depending on settings, etc., yes. You can go to the initial task and change its Actual Start date and that will change it on the project. Are you looking to see all the projects that have been active during a certain time period? I wouldn't use the Entry Date, but either the Planned Start Date or Actual Start date. If you want to include projects in Planning, just make sure you don't filter those out. BTW, if you copy a project, it does NOT copy over the entry date, the entry date becomes the date that it was copied. If you're looking to show the number of active projects in a time period, I would filter for those projects that have an actual start date <= the END date of your range, AND an actual completion date >= the BEGINNING of your range. (if you're looking in the future, I'd use the Planned Start Date)

Level 9
Hello! This helped!! Thanks! Jennifer Jennifer Stevens Disney Financial Systems