Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report Help, Please

Level 3
Good Morning! I've created my first reports with charts; these are for our senior leadership. On the Details tab the View, Filter & Grouping keep bouncing to 'Report Default'. I've set a View & I want no grouping, but each time I come back to the Details tab, 'Report Default' is back in the View & Grouping fields. I set the View & no grouping again & went into report settings & disabled the option that allows users to change View and Grouping hoping that would help make my preferences stick. Doesn't .... keeps going back to 'Report Default'. Customizing 'Report Default' isn't an option either... I don't want our senior leaders to have to worry about adjusting Views or Groupings. Ideally this is all set for them & they just need to review the report. Is this even possible? Thanks much! Jodi Biscevic GM Financial - International Operations
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Jodi, Because you view this report with charts - you cannot get rid of groupings. Charts only works if you got grouping. Hence that any grouping you've got selected to display chart, that will be your Report Default. Once you get rid of grouping in default, charts won't be working. Hope that makes sense. Thanks, Dags Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 3
Ahhh....got it! Thank you for taking the time to help! Jodi Biscevic GM Financial - International Operations

Level 3
"Report Default" will always show in the Filter, View and Groupings fields when you write a report. That indicates those fields are picking up the Filter, View and Grouping information from the report itself. I use the "Report Default" as a visual indicator that I'm viewing the reporting as it was written. If I see anything different in there, then I know I've changed the Filter, View or Grouping manually at some point. And as Dags noted, you have to have a Grouping in order to have a chart. Allison Lippert Workfront Training Manager allisonlippert@workfront.com