Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Task Reporting

Level 6

Is there a way in a task report to include a specific task and planned completion date?

In my example I have a report for all Late task. For the Late task I can pull in the Next task, see below. But I’d also like to pull in our Delivery task name and planned completion date for the project. Any thoughts on how to get this to work?

displayname=Next Task

listdelimiter=

listmethod=nested(successors).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=CONCAT({successor}.{plannedCompletionDate},' - ',{successor}.{name})

valueformat=HTML

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

sljonas, I think the below will get you what you need if I understood the question correct.  In example below we use Communication Deployed - EM for our task name for email deliverable, change it to your task name

displayname=Delivery Task
listdelimiter=
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({successor}.{name}="Communication Deployed - EM", CONCAT({successor}.{plannedCompletionDate},' - ',{successor}.{name}))
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

sljonas, I think the below will get you what you need if I understood the question correct.  In example below we use Communication Deployed - EM for our task name for email deliverable, change it to your task name

listdelimiter=
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({successor}.{name}="Communication Deployed - EM", CONCAT({successor}.{plannedCompletionDate},' - ',{successor}.{name}))
valueformat=HTML

Level 6

This only works if the next task (the successor) is Delivery. My Delivery task can be two or more downstream so its not showing up. 

In the example my delivery is task 31. So the successors for 13 is 14 and 17 is 18. It wont show task 31. Hope this makes sense.

Community Advisor

sljonas, oh, got it.  If you just want to show the task info try the below with the name of your task

textmode=true
valueexpression=IF({name}='Communication Deployed - EM', CONCAT({plannedCompletionDate},' - ',{name}))
valueformat=HTML 

Level 6

It seems to work but not on all. It may be due to my filters for the report. I'll keep testing. Thanks!
Filtered By:

Can Start equal (case sensitive) true
and Group ID in 5ca6cbc100a6694c5466f31cf939850f
and Name does not contain Review Project, Archive Files and Close
and Number of Children equal (case sensitive) 0
and Percent Complete less than equal 0
and Progress Status in LT, BH, RK
and Project Status in Current
and Status in New, In Progress

Level 6
I'm finding that project owners are using Deliver and Delivery. I tried to modify the copy you sent but it not working, any thoughts?

textmode=true
valueexpression=
IF({name},CONTAINS("Deliver","Delivery"),CONCAT({plannedCompletionDate},' - ',{name}))
valueformat=HTML 

I end up getting the same results as task, see image

Community Advisor

Textmode isn't always straight-forward, this may get you what you need:

textmode=true
valueexpression=IF({name}='Communication Deployed - EM', CONCAT({plannedCompletionDate},' - ',{name}),IF({name}='Communication Deployed',CONCAT({plannedCompletionDate},' - ',{name})))
valueformat=HTML

Community Advisor

To my knowledge, I don't believe you can get information in a task report on a different task unless it's somehow tied to that task (collections). This is why successors and predecessors will get you information, because they are tied to the task. 

I could be wrong here but the only way I've been able to accomplish this is with a project report and adding columns for collection text mode code to pull tasks into those columns.