Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Task Report: Logic to include all tasks that have the same parent

Level 6

One group of users has decided to retroactively add predecessors to tasks on their template. Adding predecessors to the template is easy; adding the predecessors to their existing projects based on that template is harder.

I'm trying to build a report for them that filters the task they want to add the predecessor *to* - we'll call it "Task X". And in the same report, I'd like to include all the tasks that share the same parent as X (because the predecessor task is *not* the parent, but it's definitely somewhere in the same set of child tasks as X.) This should make it easy for the users to locate the task number that should be filled in as the predecessor for X.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Mylah,

Focusing on your assertion "that adding predecessors to that [original, but now modified] template is harder", I do know of a way to make that easier, and invite you to consider our Sync Template solution (the main topic in our recent Template Maintenance Workshop), which among many other aspects, can synchronize predecessor changes from a Template out to a filtered set of Projects.

Regards,

Doug