Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Task Report Help: Grouping by tasks where $$USER.ID is only assignee not done with their part and/or a filter to only show these tasks

Level 4

Hello,

Is it possible to create a grouping with text mode in a task report that separates out tasks where the $$USER.ID is the only assignee on the tasks that hasn't marked their part as done? Or is there text mode for a column that would highlight these tasks by using a green BG color or something for tasks where $$USER.ID is the only assignee and/or when all other assignees have marked their part as done. 

I am also wondering if there is a way to filter a report out so it doesn't show tasks where there are other assignees on a task that haven't marked their part as done to include that as part of a dashboard instead. 

We have tasks with multiple assignees where one role has to almost always go after the other assignees so it would be helpful for them to have a view that separates out these tasks that should actually be ready for them to work on rather than monitoring the status of the other assignees. Thanks for any help you can provide!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In theory, for filtering, you might be looking for something kind of like this? I didn't test it rigorously so I don't really know if it works -- but figured I would at least say it, so you can do some testing if you're interested.

Code block 1: I think this part is attempting to say that any task assignment NOT assigned to the logged in user is completed.

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS
EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN
EXISTS:a:assignedToID=$$USER.ID
EXISTS:a:assignedToID_Mod=notin
EXISTS:a:status=DN
EXISTS:a:status_Mod=notin
EXISTS:a:taskID=FIELD:ID

Code block 2: This part says that the task is assigned to the logged in user.

assignmentsUsersMM:ID=$$USER.ID
assignmentsUsersMM:ID_Mod=in

Code block 3+???

Any other filter you are currently employing, such as "task status not complete", or "projects not cancelled", or "tasks created in the past year", or "due date 2 weeks from now"

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, I think I can help you partially. I have this text mode for task reports for tasks assigned to $$USER.ID and excludes where they have already marked done with their part so they aren't still seeing that as a task on their list (if others on the task still haven't marked their part done bc, like you said, it won't close until all users have marked their part done, which is annoying for those who have). 

MY Tasks Due Today or Earlier, Removes Tasks I’ve Marked Done With My Part
EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN

EXISTS:1:assignedToID=$$USER.ID

EXISTS:1:status=DN

EXISTS:1:status_Mod=notin

EXISTS:1:taskID=FIELD:ID

OR:1:assignmentsUsersMM:ID=$$USER.ID

OR:1:assignmentsUsersMM:ID_Mod=in

OR:1:personal=true

OR:1:personal_Mod=eq

OR:1:plannedCompletionDate=$$TODAY

OR:1:plannedCompletionDate_Mod=lt

OR:2:isComplete=false

OR:2:isComplete_Mod=eq

OR:2:numberOfChildren=0

OR:2:numberOfChildren_Mod=eq

OR:2:plannedCompletionDate=$$TODAY

OR:2:plannedCompletionDate_Mod=lte

OR:2:project:statusEquatesWith=CUR

OR:2:project:statusEquatesWith_Mod=in

OR:2:teamID=$$USER.teamIDs

OR:2:teamID_Mod=in

isComplete=false

isComplete_Mod=eq

numberOfChildren=0

numberOfChildren_Mod=eq

plannedCompletionDate=$$TODAY

plannedCompletionDate_Mod=lte

project:statusEquatesWith=CUR

project:statusEquatesWith_Mod=in

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 4

Thanks for responding, Madalyn! 

I have actually already filtered our reports using that code you mentioned which I found in your previous posts. However, our design team needs a way to quickly identify tasks where all other assignees have marked their parts as done, as they often have to wait for the writers or others to mark their part as done as a dual assignee on the task before they can proceed. We used to have separate tasks in many instances, but then it was decided to combine assignees in the same tasks to avoid having over 120 tasks per projects that are hidden by default and cause delays when going to the Project Task view. 

Currently, they monitor the Assignments and Status columns to see when all other assignees have marked their parts as done. I am looking for a way to group these tasks at the top, specifically highlighting tasks where $$USER.ID is the only assignee who hasn't marked their part as done. This would allow the design team to see both tasks where they are the sole assignee and shared tasks once all other assignees have completed their parts.

Thank you again for your assistance!

Community Advisor

Check it out, I did some digging and this will get you a lot closer - I can't figure out to show when only 1 person remains and others have completed. But this column in a task report helps from @kynabaker16!

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/quick-tip-add-a-column-to-your-... 

I tried it out on my end. You'll see Requested (new), Working (seems like has committed/said Work On It) or Done (done w my part) next to each name on the assignment. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In theory, for filtering, you might be looking for something kind of like this? I didn't test it rigorously so I don't really know if it works -- but figured I would at least say it, so you can do some testing if you're interested.

Code block 1: I think this part is attempting to say that any task assignment NOT assigned to the logged in user is completed.

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS
EXISTS:a:assignedToID_Mod=notin
EXISTS:a:status=DN
EXISTS:a:status_Mod=notin

Code block 2: This part says that the task is assigned to the logged in user.

Code block 3+???

Any other filter you are currently employing, such as "task status not complete", or "projects not cancelled", or "tasks created in the past year", or "due date 2 weeks from now"

Level 4

Thanks so much, Skye!

I tweaked it a bit with the other filters I was using, and it seems like it might be working as intended based on my initial testing:
EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:a:assignedToID_Mod=in
EXISTS:a:status=AA AD
EXISTS:a:status_Mod=in
EXISTS:b:$$EXISTSMOD=NOTEXISTS
EXISTS:b:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN
EXISTS:b:assignedToID=$$USER.ID
EXISTS:b:assignedToID_Mod=notin
EXISTS:b:status=DN
EXISTS:b:status_Mod=notin
EXISTS:b:taskID=FIELD:ID
OR:1:assignmentsUsersMM:ID=$$USER.ID
OR:1:assignmentsUsersMM:ID_Mod=in
OR:1:isComplete=false
OR:1:isComplete_Mod=eq
OR:1:personal=true
OR:1:personal_Mod=eq
canStart=true
canStart_Mod=eq
project:status=CUR
project:status_Mod=in
status=CPL
status_Mod=notin

I believe this is what the design users were wondering would be possible, but I think I'd still be nervous to have them rely too much on a report like this without frequently checking all tasks ready for them in case there are other assignees on the task that shouldn't have been on there or don't actually need to do anything and design could go first. If Adobe ever adds in Assignments and Status column as a field possible for the new home tasks widget, then that would make the new home a bit more user-friendly for them as well. 

I will probably keep trying to figure out if it's possible to implement color coding within the Assignments and Status column, using Green/Red to indicate whether other assignees have completed their parts. This visual aid would make it easier to scan the report quickly and identify the status of tasks.

Community Advisor

highly doubt there is, since assignments and status is a collection.

Honestly, you would be better off changing your process. I think the designer should be on a task approval where once everyone is done, they complete the task, and a notification is sent to the designer to approve the completion. This makes reporting a heck of a lot more clear.

Either way, I'm glad you got your report working!