Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Syntax Help - display date of task in Report

Level 2

This is just a task in a project - where I am trying to display in a column in a report - the actual completion date. Clearly i have some syntax off.  Please help.

displayname=Kickoff Call Target Date Flag
linkedname=direct
namekey=actualCompletionDate
querysort=actualCompletionDate
textmode=true
valueexpression=IF({name}="Kickoff Call Target Date Flag",{actualCompletionDate})
valuefield=actualCompletionDate
valueformat=atDate

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I see at least one problem here:

according to documentation you either use valueexpression OR valuefield, but not both as they essentially have the same role

Level 2

Thanks - I caught that and removed it - but there is still another syntax error - as the date is not displaying. 

valueexpression=IF({name}="Kickoff Call Target Date Flag",{actualCompletionDate},"")
textmode=true
valueformat=atdate
displayname=Kickoff Call Actual Date

Level 2

Hi. Are you trying to add this to a task view or report? If so, your syntax above looks pretty good. If you are trying to add this to a project view or report, you will need to utilize collections. You can get more information on referencing collections - here

I would try something like this if you are referencing this on a project level.

displayname= Kickoff Call Actual Date
listdelimiter=‍
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({name}="Kickoff Call Target Date Flag",{actualCompletionDate},"")
valueformat=atdate

Hope this helps!

-Ali

Level 2

Ali,

Thanks and I am trying to put this in a report.