Expand my Community achievements bar.

Surface actual hours per assignee on an Assignment report

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

I have a report that displays tasks with their multiple assignees below them.  Basically grouped by task.
Does anyone know of a way to show actual hours per assignee?  
I'm looking at text mode, and possibly the use of references, but I'm having a hard time getting to actual hours.

Thanks!
Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, I recommend creating an hour report instead. You can filter in the people/timeframe you want to pull, and still group by task name, then by hour owner name if you want, and add a column for actual hours. This will show you all time logged to the tasks by the person. You can also summarize the groupings to show the total hours by task by person in the groupings without expanding the grouping.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 10

Thanks, Madalyn.  You are correct, that could work.  The challenge an hours report is that I get a lot of extra rows of data based on all of the hour entry records.  

Community Advisor

Yes, but that's where grouping by user/hour owner is handy. If you add a grouping for hour owner and sum the groupings, then you can see the total hrs per person on each task without having to expand the groupings. Essentially the groupings become your rows. Like this, it just shows first 2 columns of the report - grouped by task then hour owner:

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1689338599157.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 10

You are correct, Madalyn, thanks.  The issue is that we want to surface non-groupable column data too.  Sorry, I forgot to mention this in my initial post.

Level 5

I have this same issue (and I imagine others do as well). I'd love to have both planned hours and actual hours for an assignee on one report, but it seems like I can't do this.

If I build an assignee report, I can get the planned hours, but not the actual (logged) hours for the person.

If I build an hours report, I can get the logged hours, but I won't see planned hours for tasks that don't yet have logged hours.