Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Carry Over Original Project Name on Routed Issue

Level 2

Hello!

We are looking to track project change requests as issues on existing projects and would like to have those issues routed to a main intake queue so that they can be tracked and resourced. When I try to use a calculated field to capture the project name, it just looks to the project that the issue is currently living in, not the project that it got routed from.

Thank you!

Christine

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ChristineZh2 - Unfortunately, it isn't possible to use a calculated field for this due to Workfront's configuration. The only seamless way to do would be to involve Fusion.

What I've done as a work around to this though, although it does involve a step for the user, is to add a typeahead field on the issue that shows project names and have the user associate the issue and its related project. I just tell the users, for training purposes, that it is needed for back-end system reporting.

Hope that helps!

Community Advisor

Have you considered having a routing rule on a queue topic of the template used to automatically route to the team or user that will run with the issue? You can also set the default project in the routing rule to go to your main intake project, and have a column of that main intake issue View show the where the issue came from.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Hi Madalyn, thanks for the idea. That's how I currently have it designed, but am not able to capture the originating project via a calculated field once the request routes to the main intake project. How do you recommend showing where the issue came from?

Community Advisor

I'm not sure you need a calculated field, have you tried using Issue > Source as a column in your issues view? I THINK that should show where the issue came from...

Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion! I just tried pulling in Source, and it gives you the current project that the issue's residing in.

Community Advisor

Darnit! Hm. What is the need to have these issues go to a separate project altogether? If you have them still assigned to the correct person/people to review and convert, help me understand why the issues wouldn't stay in the project they're from?

Level 3

Have you tried using the Issue Path field?