Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Sum of all numeric values present in a custom form field using collection

Level 1

Hi All,

I have a similar situation where I need to check a numeric field of a Custom form which is created at issue level. 

valueexpression=IF({DE: Audit Type}="Design" && {DE: Audit Phase}="Post-go-live audit", {DE: PROD Audit Error Count})
listmethod=nested(issues).lists
valueformat=HTML
displayname=Total PROD Errors 
textmode=true
type=iterate

Here I'm getting the output something like this; 4,6,8

However, I would like to sum all the values i.e., 4+6+8 = 18. 

Would appreciate any help on this matter.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As you've discovered you won't be able to do calculations on collections within a reporting column.

Your best option is going to be to create a calculated field on your custom form to capture that data and then pull it into the report. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

Just for the records, I've thoroughly reviewed all available documentation and haven't found a solution to this issue yet. While working with collections in WORKFRONT, it seems we don't have an option to sum all iterated values directly. However, considering that a collection is essentially an array without any index, it should theoretically be possible to sum all its values.

For instance, if I obtain the output as 4, 6, 8 using the code I've shared, I'm considering adding another column. From there, I could potentially utilize the values (4, 6, from this column, remove the delimiters, create a array, and then sum all the values in the array.

• Would this approach be feasible? 
  • Can we use array functions in text mode?

I have recently started working on Workfront so apologies if this sounds a naive question.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As you've discovered you won't be able to do calculations on collections within a reporting column.

Your best option is going to be to create a calculated field on your custom form to capture that data and then pull it into the report. 

Level 1

Thank you @kellie! I also thought about that but it is not feasible in my case given.