Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Subscribe Feature

Level 9
I have looked but to no avail - which means the dreaded Idea Exchange ;-) But before I do that -- Is there an automagical way to include in a Project Template, the action of subscribing a set of people in the 'Subscribe' feature? Reason is so that the said people will always receive notes when a user leaves a status update.... <> Thanks John John Seitz DTCI | Disney | ESPN
2 Replies

Level 9
There doesn't appear to be a way to do that currently. I thought there might be a way to simulate that by adding those users to the project and using notifications, but there doesn't seem to be an option for "Someone Comments on a Project I'm On". Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group

Level 1
John, What you are describing is not a new/unique request. There is not a way to automagically subscribe users to a new project, however there is an alternative like Anthony suggested. I will put the disclaimer out there that this is a lot less glamorous that the subscription model: Add all of the email-loving users in the "Share Project" option on Project Templates Turn on the notification in Setup "Project Status Change to Project Team" under "Information about Projects I'm On"... *WARNING* Bulk Edit and Remove the "Project Status Change to Project Team" from everyone except the email-lovers... *If you don't do this step, EVERYONE will get email* Anytime a Project Status is updated, and an email-lover is linked, they will receive an email. Hope you don't have too many users in the system. Regards,
Dave Jones
e | dave@hazcode.com c | 336.543.7549

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addresses and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you're not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

------Original Message------ There doesn't appear to be a way to do that currently. I thought there might be a way to simulate that by adding those users to the project and using notifications, but there doesn't seem to be an option for "Someone Comments on a Project I'm On". Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group