Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Proofing Powerpoint Documents w/Notes and Transitions

Level 3
Hello All- One of our agency groups is involved in Medical Communications and work on some rather large Powerpoint decks for speaker training. We have 2 challenges when trying to proof these in Workfront Proof: 1. The slides have speaker notes on most of the slides, however, when proofing, Workfront Proof doesn't seem to include the speaker notes in the pdf that is generated. Is there any way to handle this, other than generating a pdf from Powerpoint in notes view, and then uploading that into Workfront Proof? 2. There does not appear to be a way to view any type of transitions. For example, a slide may have 2 bullets of copy, and the viewer clicks and the third bullet drops in on the same slide, or an arrow or graphic may drop in when you click the mouse. Is there anyway to handle this other than loading it as a video? Would the best way be to route a pdf with the speaker notes created as a pdf in Powerpoint, and route the actual ppt file, so that reviewers can view both the speaker notes and transitions? Thanks for any suggestions. Chris Levitsky Guidemark Health
1 Reply

Level 3
We just recently encountered a similar conundrum to this in our org, though in our case, the issue is our inability to view embedded videos/gifs within the PPT when viewing in the Proofing Viewer. Our interim solution was to upload the video separately, so comments could be made frame-by-frame there, and any feedback that was more focused on the PPT slide content would go in the PPT proof pages. While your situation is different, it got me thinking that one possible solution for you could be to record a screen capture of your PPT transitions and upload that video separately from the PPT, purely for the sake of setting up a proof to receive feedback on the animations you opted to use. It isn't exactly an elegant solution (ideally we'd be able to interact with a PPT proof the same way we would interact with the PPT itself), but it might be a decent stopgap? I'm thinking I'll take a stroll through the Idea Exchange to see if anyone has already suggested such functionality, and try to throw my vote in there as well. Mike Perez Tailored Brands