Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

What can be the pros and cons of turning this feature off? Log time on projects that are complete

Level 2

Hi Team

Can producers timesheet to completed projects? This has happened many times so checking if this could be turned off so once it's complete no one can timesheet?

Simage.pngo we saw that this is doable, What can be the pros and cons of turning this feature off? Log time on projects that are complete.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@trishhfernandez do you have your projects' Completion Mode set to Automatic?

We do, so the only issue I can think of off the top of my head that I can see our users doing is when the last user on the last task marks their task complete, then goes to log their time and they can't because the project has completed.

Those users who tend to have the last task would need to re-train themselves to log time before completing tasks.

And I'd probably have more questions from those users who only occasionally have the last task and forget they need to log time before completing their task.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@trishhfernandez do you have your projects' Completion Mode set to Automatic?

We do, so the only issue I can think of off the top of my head that I can see our users doing is when the last user on the last task marks their task complete, then goes to log their time and they can't because the project has completed.

Those users who tend to have the last task would need to re-train themselves to log time before completing tasks.

And I'd probably have more questions from those users who only occasionally have the last task and forget they need to log time before completing their task.

Level 10

Our last task is a "Review, clean up files and debrief" task that is to me completed by the project owner. This helps with the problem of auto-closing when the last tasks is complete. Especially if they're tasked with checking time logging on each task before closing.

The downside to allowing life after death is that someone can procrastinate and log time after the job is billed.