Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sort by two fields in a project report

Level 1

Right now my project report is "custom sorted" by Project Status using a calculated field in a custom form so that current projects show on the top and complete projects show on the bottom. To do so, I used a calculated field in a custom form to number the statuses (the formula looks like this IF({status}="INI","1",IF({status}="APR","2",IF({status}="PLN","3",IF({status}="CUR","4",IF({status}="EXE","4",IF({status}="PKX","5",IF({status}="JPW","6"))))))). I then added a column for the calculated field to the report and followed the steps from this article to hide that column.

On top of the project status sorting, though... I would also like to make it so that of the current projects, they show in order of their planned completion date.

Anyone know of a way to achieve this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you have a column for planned completion date on your report you should be able to sort through the native functionality.

KellieGardner_0-1721248165273.png

However, if you want to sort by planned completion date without having it as a column (like you did with the above scenario) you should be able to add this to to another column to sort it by completion date without displaying it.

querysort=plannedCompletionDate
sortOrder=2
sortType=asc

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you have a column for planned completion date on your report you should be able to sort through the native functionality.

KellieGardner_0-1721248165273.png

However, if you want to sort by planned completion date without having it as a column (like you did with the above scenario) you should be able to add this to to another column to sort it by completion date without displaying it.

querysort=plannedCompletionDate
sortOrder=2
sortType=asc

Level 1

Thank you, Kellie. This did work by sorting the planned completion date second from the standard project editing.