Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Solutions for Portfolio Templatization

Level 2
Hello Everyone We're looking for a solution to help create templates for portfolios. Context: We support a Marketing Communications team that develops all content for campaigns and product launches. We use portfolios to describe individual product launches. Within those portfolios we use programs to group together projects - i.e.Marketo emails, digital assets, Web, Social, Localization, etc. Each portfolio has a standard set of assets that are always created. We'd like to be able to use a template to create a Portfolio and have it populated with standard projects and data - and if possible use a single date that could determine how the projects are set-up with dates populated accordingly. Wondering if anyone has any solutions or custom builds that may be addressing this? Patrick Haywood Senior Manager, Marketing Operations Plantronics, Inc.
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Patrick, In reviewing your Portfolio Templatization inquiry, it occurred to me that we might be able to adapt our Workfront Packages solution to meet your needs. Packages will wrap a set of related Workfront objects and data from one environment (as a "Package") and then deploy that Package into another environment. The main usecases are for: migration (e.g. make some process improvement in your Preview or Sandbox environment, and then promote it to production) upgrades (e.g. same concept, but to deploy a new version of a centralized item such as a Dashboard to multiple WF Instances) commercialization (e.g. invent something cool, create a package, then market it via our catalog, such as our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/user-adoption/">UserWatch solution) replication (e.g. pushing a particular project from a subsidiary's Workfront environment into its parent's environment; trickier...) Given the way the underlying technology works, though, what I'm now imagining in your case would be to have create a New Campaign Package "at the ready", possibly modify an offline copy (e.g. setting names, moving start dates, culling unnecessary items, etc.), and then deploying back into the original environment, and in so doing -- viola -- quickly creating the shell of what you need for your next campaign, ready to tailor to suit. If this sounds like it might be a good fit, I invite you to email me at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com so we can explore it in more detail. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads