Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Show task-level updates at project-level

Level 5

Is there a way that I can get certain task-level updates to show at the project-level? Specifically I'm looking to show the task percent-complete at the project level.

When I go to the task "updates" section, I can see the task's percent-complete listed (e.g. Jim said this is 73% done.)

Task Level Update.png

When I go to the project "updates" section, instead of the percent-complete for the task, I see the name of the task and a message about the condition (e.g. Assign Resources, Jim said the condition is Going Smoothly.)

Project-Level Updates.png

Ideally, rather than the project "updates" section showing the condition of the task, I would like to see the task percent-complete (e.g. "Assign Resources, Jim said this is 73% done.")

Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, you can only add this to the update feed for tasks. However, you could make a Journal entry report to pull those specific updates and group them by project. Not the cleanest solution but could lead to some efficiency gains for PMs to see the info in bulk.

Have you made any idea to include task-level updates in the project update stream? I would gladly upvote it!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, in the Tasks tab of your project, you can see the % complete for all of its tasks via a task view. Towards the top right of the task list, there are icons for views, filters, groupings, etc. The columns of data for the tasks are what make up the view. You may be in a view that doesn’t have the % completion. Go to another view that does or you can create a view that includes this column (percent complete).

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, you can only add this to the update feed for tasks. However, you could make a Journal entry report to pull those specific updates and group them by project. Not the cleanest solution but could lead to some efficiency gains for PMs to see the info in bulk.

Have you made any idea to include task-level updates in the project update stream? I would gladly upvote it!