Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Show System Updates is always on

Level 6

Did anyone else's setup change yesterday and now have "Show System Updates" on for every project? Usually if you turn that off it carries over to every project. Starting yesterday it's on for every project and users are continually having to turn it off.

7 Replies

Level 2

I noticed this too! I was hoping it was a bug that will be fixed shortly and not new functionality.

Level 4

I noticed it on Friday too but it didn't really dawn on me until I saw this post and did some testing. Even when you toggle it off, it's defaulting back on if you log off and on.

Community Advisor

This is a known issue:

https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Updates-Toggle-for-Show-System-Updates-does-not-persist

I still submitted a ticket so I could be kept up to date on when a fix would be coming. I was told officially it's scheduled for Feb. 2021, but may be moved up.

Level 4

Feb 2021?! That's a disappointingly long time to fix a bug that will drive people bonkers.

Community Advisor

Sure is. I suspect the more people that submit tickets letting Workfront know how much of a problem it is for their team, the faster it may get moved up.

Level 7

I submitted a bug to WF Customer Support and they are fixing this problem of the "show system updates" flipping back on whenever you change projects or refresh your browser window.

Level 4

I submitted a support request too and was told February 2021 for a fix, but they hoped to get it done more quickly.