Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Show entry date as HH:MM:SS format in report

Level 2

Hello everyone, 

When we export reports in Excel, the entry date values show format as date HH:MM:SS AM/PM format. However, the seconds do not show in the report columns in Workfront. Can someone help with the syntax to show the entire timestamp for the date field? 

@csatscale 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You don't really need the diversions via a calcualted field, as you can add a column with the following text mode:

valueexpression=CONCAT({lastLoginDate}, ' ', HOUR({lastLoginDate}), ':', MINUTE({lastLoginDate}), ':', SECOND({lastLoginDate}))
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

good question, but I did not find any possibilty to directly format a date to show seconds also.

As a workaround, you could create a calculated field with the following "calculation" 

CONCAT({lastLoginDate}, ' ', HOUR({lastLoginDate}), ':', MINUTE({lastLoginDate}), ':', SECOND({lastLoginDate}))

Regards

Lars

Correct answer by
Level 10

You don't really need the diversions via a calcualted field, as you can add a column with the following text mode:

valueexpression=CONCAT({lastLoginDate}, ' ', HOUR({lastLoginDate}), ':', MINUTE({lastLoginDate}), ':', SECOND({lastLoginDate}))
valueformat=HTML

Level 2

Thank you @lgaertner @NicholeVargas Thank you for your inputs. I will try the calculated expression once

Employee Advisor

You cannot format dates in Workfront to have seconds, unless you create a custom text mode expression (like @lgaertner shared) so that would be your best bet. This article shares are all the different date formats that Workfront can display: 

Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 11.24.04 AM.png