Expand my Community achievements bar.

Several annoying Bugs using the Custom Form Builder

Level 10

Hello,

when using the Custom Form Builder there seem to be some bugs that do not affect the functionality, but are very annoying. Perhaps some of you can confirm.

I already created a support case for this.

1. When creating a new form, the selection of the corresponding objects is not be applied.
    Example: I want to create a form for the object type USER, but after selecting this entry and clicking on Continue, the selected object types shows Project.

2. When creating a new form, selecting the corresponding object(s) and clicking on Continue, the editor directly thinks, that the user wants to close without saving and shows the Unsaved Changes dialogue.

3. New custom forms are shared system wide by default. I am quite sure, that this was not the case before the last update.

Regards
    Lars
2 Replies

Community Advisor

I thought it was just me on #1! I am also having a problem with the selection not being saved and it defaulting to project instead when I create a new custom form. 

Community Advisor

hi, on your third point, when Legacy custom forms were created, these were shared system wide by default. When I transitioned to the new custom form builder, I noted that these were not shared system wide by default, so I submitted a bug report for this, to have them change it back to achieve parity with Legacy.

We're accustomed to folks being able to immediately see and fill out any custom form we create and the majority of our forms need to be filled out by everyone in the instance. It's rare indeed that we have a custom form that we need to select an audience to fill out.

see also:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/customize/custom...

"By default, when you create a new custom form and someone attaches it to an object, any user assigned to the object can view and fill out the form. This includes users with Request licenses and external users." (this is what system wide access is supposed to allow)