Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Seeking Votes within the Innovation Lab - Submitted Requests Panel

Community Advisor

This idea is a basic one but would help my project coordinators and collaborators a ton. Currently, the Submitted panel on the requests page only shows requests where the user is the primary contact. This is problematic because in our instance there are many times when someone submits a request for someone else and puts that person's name as the primary contact. When they do this the request does not show up anywhere for the submitter. I'm asking Workfront to update the filtering and include requests where the user is the primary contact or the entered by name.

https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0874X000000oP5nQAE/detail

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10

Could you create a custom report with the filter you want within a dashboard and then attach that via layouts?

Community Advisor

Thanks Randy, that's currently the workaround I'm considering but since you cannot hide the existing Submitted subpage on the layout template it will be challenging to direct thousands of casual collaborators to the correct tab.

Level 10

I agree. I have complained about the non-removable "all requests" tab as it violates our policy by allowing other users to see PTO requests that may contain sensitive information. I do believe the idea lab is just there for show though as many ideas with a lot of votes get ignored while some with as low as 2 votes get completed. If it isn't something that's already in their plans, it's just not gonna happen.

Level 5

One additional reason as to why the custom report/dashboard workaround isn't ideal is the "Copy and Submit as new" functionality. On the Requests screen, you can check the box of an existing request, and then at the top of the list click the overlapping squares (copy) icon which will launch a new request copying over all information from the selected request. Alternately, you can hover over any request name, and click the 3 dots to access the same option ("Copy and submit as new").

When I use a custom dashboard on the Requests screen to act as a filter, I don't have the "Copy and Submit as new" functionality available within the dashboard. For many of my requestors, the main reason they're searching/filtering requests is to find an existing request to copy. So giving them a custom dashboard isn't useful if they lose that functionality.

Level 10

I saw it. It's not gonna get done unless it's already in their plans though. There are plenty of "ideas" with 20 points that are complete, while this one has 210 and not even noticed.